Dogman and Rabbitgirl visit Black Star Pastry in Newtown
If you haven’t been to Black Star Pastry in Newtown, we ask why not?!
The pastries are edible artworks, especially the strawberry and watermelon cake!
When you visit, make sure you have a slice with a coffee and you’ll be looked after by the friendly and fun staff!
You’ll find this little slice of heaven at 277 Australia Street, Newtown, Sydney.
(Another Black Star Pastry can be found at C1 85-113 Dunning Avenue Rosebery, Sydney)
(02) 9557 8656
Facebook: Black Star Pastry
Rabbitgirl and Dogman spoke with Kris:
Q & A:
1. Who are your three best friends?
Kris: Bell, Marta and Eduardo
2. How many coffees do you drink a day? Do you have them alone or with a friend?
Kris: Too many! I am now down to 2-3 a day and I try to limit to drinking at work only.
3. If you could have a coffee with anyone in the world who would it be?
Kris: I would love to have a one on one coffee with Marilyn Monroe, here at Black Star Pastry.
4. Where’s the weirdest place you’ve ever had a coffee?
Kris: At a bar
5. Have you ever had a coffee with a dog or rabbit before?
Kris: Yes, back at my home in Scotland with my jack russells.
6. Who is the most interesting person who has come into the café and had a coffee?
Kris: We get a few local Aussie celebrities here, including Toni Collette and Rose Byrne.
7. Why do coffee and friends go so well together?
Kris: Having a coffee is simply a great reason for people to meet up, chat, get together and de-brief one on one.
Having a coffee, in comparison to having a drink at a bar, you’re more alert and can enjoy cake with it!
8. What makes a good coffee and why do people come to your café?
Kris: As well as making the actual coffee and warming the milk perfectly, keeping the menu, coffee and business running simply and basic is the way to go.
We also love the arty bio-cups. We try to be environmentally friendly with the running of the cafe as well as using enviro products.
We also like supporting the arts and artists in sydney.
Black Star Pastry are apart of Gillie and Marc’s ‘Love a Friend’ project and are the new owners of this beautiful signed limited edition print, titled: They were too chicken to go skydiving so they took alternative transport instead ..